Saturday, December 4, 2010

Always Honor Your Past

07_kreatiff_ziza_235504
Every second you dwell on your past, you steal from your future. Every minute you spend focusing on your problems, you take away from finding your solutions. And thinking about all those things that you wish never happened to you is actually blocking all the things you want to happen from entering into your life. It makes no sense to worry about past events or mistakes unless you want to experience them for a second time. Instead, use the lessons you have learned from your past to rise to a whole new level of awareness and enlightenment. In other words, your past experiences are one of your best teachers. Be Grateful that you went through those tough times as those event have made you the person you are today.

If you notice, Life’s greatest setbacks reveal Life’s biggest opportunities. If you have suffered more than your fair share of difficulties in life, perhaps you are being prepared to serve some greater purpose that will require you to be equipped with the wisdom you have acquired through your trials in the past. Use these life lessons to fuel your future growth. Remember, happy people have often experienced as much adversity as those who are unhappy. What sets them apart is that they have the good sense to manage their memories in a way that enriches their lives in different ways.

And understand that if you have failed more than others, there is a very good chance you are living more completely than others. Those who take more chances and dare to be more and do more than others will naturally experience more failures. I would rather push myself to try something new and then fail, than to never have tried at all. I would prefer to feel good about being hard on myself and having achieved something really challenging rather than living a life of comfort, security and mediocrity. That’s the essence of true life success. As Booker T. Washington said, “I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles he has overcome while trying to succeed.”


Keep learning from your past!
Vishal D

14 comments:

Kimmy said... [Reply]

No doubt. I think that is why I seem "stuck up" to others. I have been through so much. I fail and fail again. Because of that, I have risen above my past, and want to continue to grow and help others. I had to realize that people have suffer through their own pain, to do the same.

Unknown said... [Reply]

Hey Kimmy, I am glad we are on the same wavelength here! I can totally relate to you.

Vidya Sury said... [Reply]

Hey Vishal, That's a terrific post. So true. Dwelling in the past is the worst way to lose the present and the future, but most of us find it so hard to practice what we readily agree with, as a concept. I think that if we haven't dealt with a past negative experience properly - it sits in the subconscious and pops up just when we could do without the memory.

I'd like to re-post this post on my blog at Going A-Musing (credited to you, obviously). May I?

Unknown said... [Reply]

Hey Vidya, I agree with your statement, "it sits in the subconscious and pops up just when we could do without the memory." This does happen many times to us.

I would like to keep my content unique, if you want, you can link to this post from your blog :-)
Cheers!

Vidya Sury said... [Reply]

I did more than that. I blogged about your blog. See http://google-n-i-share-a-birthday.blogspot.com/2010/12/ultimate-potential.html

Keep writing!

Unknown said... [Reply]

Hey Vidya... what can I say! Thank you!!! I really appreciate it...I am so grateful to have such Genuine blogger friends :-)
The post itself speaks for itself!
Thanks once again!

Punam said... [Reply]

I so agree. And behind the post is so evident a voice that has conquered a difficult past and survived. I see myself there and can recognize the light that has succeeded in shining through in you as well. A good post and an inspiring thought. Memories will always tug at our hearts and try to pull us backwards. I like to think of it as turning around, giving a smile to the memories, and moving on AHEAD with the acknowledgment that those memories, how much ever hard they may be, are a part of me and they helped me become what I am today. Another reason why I like your title "Honor your past"
puthyaan ken kona ditho ahe. jeko ahe agyaan ahe, bas halando rau.

Unknown said... [Reply]

Hey your Sindhi!!! :-) hehehy!! love the way you said it....
I completely agree to what you said... Well said :-)

caterpillar said... [Reply]

A very inspiring post...thought provoking as well....

Unknown said... [Reply]

Thank you :-)

Kavitha said... [Reply]

"Easier said than done" -- This is what I always thought whenever I came across such thoughts as what you have penned here. Because I had a great difficulty to let go of the hurts that I had suffered for no fault of mine.

After trying hard "to forget" the hurt, the pain, I felt if I just accepted the fact that I did learn a lot from the terrible times, I let go of the negativity immediately!!

Indeed. we should forget the hurts and people who hurt us, but not the lessons that we learnt.

Very nicely written post!

Unknown said... [Reply]

Hey Kavitha...Thank you for sharing your thoughts here!! :-)

chris ginsburg said... [Reply]

Great stuff man. "And understand that if you have failed more than others, there is a very good chance you are living more completely than others" Sums it up for me.

Unknown said... [Reply]

Thanks for your feedback, Chris!

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is Appreciated