Saturday, September 18, 2010

Thank You

Thank You are two words that have the power to change your Life as well as others too.  In today's busy World, we very rarely take the time to stop and say thank you which and that is unfortunate because as Mother Teresa simply puts it …

     "There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread.”
                                                                                      -Mother Teresa

We are human beings, we all have emotions and we all have that deep desire to be recognized and appreciated for what we do.  Going a little out of the way to say these two precious words will cause no harm but will only make the other person feel recognized, appreciated and you also automatically put yourself in alignment with how grateful you are for the people and things around you. Here’s a small story one of  my close friends shared with me that changed my perspective. (in his very own words)



“One day I went into the bank to deposit a cheque. There was a long queue and as time ticked by the people in the queue became more and more annoyed. For some reason, there was only one counter available but despite the negative energy of the customers, the young woman behind the counter was doing a fantastic job. I watched as she greeted each customer with a genuine smile and then processed their transactions quickly and efficiently. When it was my turn, I took note of the name on her badge and thanked her for her help. I then went to the information desk and asked for a customer feedback form. On the feedback form I wrote something along the lines of: "Today I received exceptional customer service from Michelle at the HSBC camp branch. Michelle was friendly, efficient and very professional. I commend her on her work ethic and I believe she is a valuable asset to your company."

A few weeks later I returned to the bank and Michelle served me once again. As she processed my transaction, she stopped, took a second look at my name and then with a huge smile told me that her manager had read out my customer feedback comments at her recent performance review and that she'd received a promotion.

I was delighted to hear that my comments played a small part in her success.”
Don’t we feel terrific when we sincerely appreciate someone for their help or contribution. I feel really great when I say thank you for even the most smallest things that people do or help me with. And on the other hand, I love it when people appreciate and thank me for the way my blog posts change their way of thinking. It gives me that immense joy and makes me want to share and contribute more.

“Don’t just say Thank You, say it with a genuine smile, it has a bigger impact.”
 -Vishal D

So, from today, Commit to yourself to exceptionally say Thank You with a smile to everyone that does a great job or contributes to your life.

Thank You for reading this
Vishal D
  

3 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply]

Thank YOU Vishal:)))) I woke up this morning and said that is what i need to tell the Universe...and I posted it on my FB page....and today you writing about it......amazing synch!
Asha

Unknown said... [Reply]

You are most welcome, My pleasure!!

Boonchai said... [Reply]

You blog very nice

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is Appreciated